A Little History

The origins of our club go back a long way.
 
Formed at Wilmslow in 1926 as the Beacon Guild for the purpose of adult education and the development of Arts , Music and Drama it soon became known just as the Guild. Membership numbers and activities grew and in 1938 the Photographic Society was formed. 1939 saw a reduction in Guild activities due to the hostilities.
Post war , the clubs, societies and activities reformed and continued to grow and develop.
 
In 2021, Wilmslow Guild changed its name to the Guild for Lifelong Learning however the photographic society continued as the Wilmslow Guild Photographic Society.
 
At the end of the 2022/2023 season, the members of the club decided to form the Wilmslow Photography Club and operate as an independent group.
 
Here are some historic images.
 

19 April 1990

Image 1 of 4

error

Enjoy this site? Please spread the word :)